NetSuite Approval Workflow
As NetSuite being a process oriented business tool helps a business to streamline entire process for performance enhancement. For a business, it is not possible to take control of entire NetSuite process integrated unless is not matched with or instructed through the NetSuite Workflows. In the NetSuite Approval Workflow mostly is governed by the SuiteFlow that is a work flow engine. Without a workflow approval there are big chances for a business of missing some important tools necessary to regulating the business processes.
With the help of Workflow specific business processes get integrated into the NetSuite system without the intervention of a manual process. In the NetSuite, there is an exclusive provision for custom business processes that can be tailored according to a company’s exclusive needs and requirement. With the help of a workflow, the entire business process gets streamlined for a clear graphical interface for the process. It is so easy that any member of your team can easily draw a workflow.
Within the NetSuite SuiteFlow and workflows is the facility that allows business to help automate approval process on a particular transaction record. It enables an automated flow to occur from one stage of activity to the next one. Further, it is powered with information validation to allow them to follow an internal process accordingly and in a systematic manner.
It can be understood from a fact that in simpler manual workflow there are chances that a particular field or form may be left out. Where SuiteFlow enabled process, therefore, take track of all the required activities involving multiple stages, transition and actions. NetSuite take track of every activity on a workflow log of the record.
How to Begin with Workflow in NetSuite ERP
Within the NetSuite interface it will be quite easier to implement the workflow that you will get under:-
In order to develop a workflow it is necessary to know about it by the medium of practically creating and further developing it. One can also take assistance from the NetSuite documentation while implementing and testing the flow. There are three most common workflow templates that a seller can use while creating NetSuite Approval Workflow
- Journal Entry Basic Approval
- Purchase Order Basic Approval
- Sales Order Basic Approval
After going through these templates as learning guide you can accommodate and customize your workflow according to the requirement and needs of your business. Don’t rigid your workflow knowledge with a standard bounded format. NetSuite as a cloud based ERP has immense possibility and customization features to be fit within your business requirements. You can keep on trying and testing unless it does not get fixed with your business needs and requirement.
Common Terms Necessary to Familiar while Developing a NetSuite Approval Work Flow
- Workflow Context
- Record Types
- Sub-records for creation of a workflow
- Event versus scheduled workflows
- Trigger types
- Event types
- Context types
- Building Conditions
Some Important Processes in NetSuite Approval Workflow
- Workflow States: They are the basic foundations of a workflow. A state carries execution to a particular stage in the entire business process. They include certain specific actions that are connected to other states by transitions.
- Workflow Transitions: They are very important segment of the workflow as they allow activities to happen between two states of business process. For occurrence of transitions, conditions and events for the trigger are required to happen thus leading to accuracy during the processes.
- Workflow Actions: They are set of activities that get executed on the basis of particular state for trigger a command. They are primarily done for the activities like sending an e-mail, adding a button, removing a button, setting a field value; go on records and other such activities.
- Workflow Fields: these fields are like other fields in NetSuite that are added to a record. However, their position happens to be within the Workflow. The NetSuite fields can be added to the entire workflow or its particular state or position.
Tips For Implementation NetSuite Approval Workflow
While implementing a NetSuite workflow, it is quite necessary for a business owners and consultants to fully understand the entire business process. First of all get into the elaborate discussions with the team to create out the requirements within the team. Once the collaborating stages are accomplished it is the team that fills out the gaps existing between the business requirements and the workflow features available for the working of the NetSuite.
For creating a best process based solution for a company it is very imperative as well to learn about the limitations of the workflow for a specific business solution. One can take help from as a suitable NetSuite partner in order to devise ideas to build out the best business flow ideas. A professional consultant thus offer plethora of ideas in order to create the workflow. This helps to save an ample amount of time in order to implement the NetSuite partner flow.
As you now know about the client and business requirement now it is time to start working on a NetSuite workflow. Under the workflow states, transitions and actions are created in order to facilitate the business requirements. In the process of creating workflow, it is also necessary to involve different stakeholders in the process.
However, the workflow primarily remains centred around the record and its process flow in the following manner step wise.
- Mapping out the Process: This is the first and the initial stage of workflow creation. It is done through the creation of flow chart and prominently done over whiteboard by creating the step-by-step process for doing it. The focus should be on the workflow while addressed there. NetSuite can’t execute two different process forms in a single workflow. Like NetSuite purchase order approval workflow and Sales Order mapping processes there should be different.
- Defining the Parties/ Roles/ Users Involved: After mapping out the process the next step is to describe the users that are to be interacting with the workflow process. The referencing roles, therefore, are fixed into workflow instead of employees or user Ids.
- Setting of the Trigger Points: This determines the starting and closing points for a process Workflow and transition from one event to the other event. It is required to mention criteria for each of the event to be triggered.
- Validating Data Locations: Finally, when the entire things and activities are appropriately matched out, the points there are set for referencing purposes in NetSuite through the medium of validation.
In this manner, an appropriate NetSuite Approval Workflow is being prepared for streamlining the business processes.
If you need help on this topic or Want to create NetSuite invoice approval workflow then feel free to reach out to us.